Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Quilt in the Garden from Quiltscapes

Hello!  Ah, another fabulous Fabric Tuesday yesterday leaving Heather and I with so much inspiration, we love it!!  As I sit here writing this post for today's feature, my little guys are happily playing in our backyard and I can see them through my window.  It is almost too hot right now (in Phoenix) and I am just scared for the next couple of months.  The heat.  Oh the heat.  I'll just enjoy it for now, right?

Deonn from Quiltscapes is a very talented quilter, no doubt about that.  And if you're lucky enough to live near her in Utah, you can even participate in her classes.  I especially love her UFO Page, a black and white reminder of her things on her plate!  I love it because I can relate I guess :)  Here is another one of her great finishes.

Finished:  "Quilt in the Garden"
Inspiration:  Daughter Lauren's poster design for the UQG
Quilts in the Gardens show at Thanksgiving Point, 2008.
  
Quilt in the Garden 31" x 31" wall hanging







I love this picture.  The girl.  The smile.  The poster.
She had just won the Utah 4-H state contest
for Family/Consumer Sciences
 with her "Quick Quarter-Square Triangles" quilt demo,
with the prize of a fully sponsored trip to Denver
for the national competition.  Woo Hoo!
We stopped at a quilt shop on the way home
where she spied one of her posters.

Best. Day. Ever!

So adorable!  Quilters around the world had lots to say about it HERE!

Photobucket

3 comments:

Go-Go Kim said...

Very nice! What a perfect springy wall quilt. I love the flowers:o)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful quilt, and lovely, happy young lady! Wonderful to know the story of the poster and the quilt!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Sara @ Sew Sweetness said...

Wow...that is really amazing work!!