Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 22, 2013

Carnaby Street X Plus Quilt!

I am loving today's quilt by Kelly from My Quilt Infatuation! It's gorgeous!  I love the colors against the gray...bottom line I'm really into COLOR!  I also really enjoyed reading about Kelly here especially how she made her first quilt...awesome!  So take a minute to read it.  Also you can see here Kelly's other quilt finishes.  Enjoy! 

Well, my groovy Carnaby Street X Plus quilt is finished!!  I actually dreamed about it last night and woke up at 7:00am so I could work on it and get it finished today.  We're heading to visit family on Wednesday, so I have a million things I should be doing, but quilting is way more fun than laundry and packing, right?




I chose my good old standby for quilting in a light gray thread, and I'm happy that it helps to disguise my unfortunate mismatched plus seams a little bit.  I used the same teal tonal chevron for the binding that I used as a border in the back, and I like how the chevrons point toward the quilt.  That is totally a happy accident!

I placed my label a little too close to the edge on this one...whoops!


I can't decide which side of this quilt I like better!  The back is so much fun with all of the improv piecing, but I think that the front has almost a 3D effect with the Carnaby Street jumping out against the gray background.




This is my second Carnaby Street quilt and I am not sick of the fabric at all.  You can see my first oneHERE.  The colors in this quilt just make me happy (and kind of makes me want to watch Austin Powers)!  I love the fun, groovy vibe.  Which side do you like best?
Photobucket

10 comments:

Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation said...

I'm so glad you like my Feeling Groovy quilt, and I am so honored to be featured on Quilt Story! Thank you so much!

:) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

*Cornelia* said...

this quilt is so georgous, toatlly in love with this colors, and the turquoise binding

~Kelie~ said...

Oh wow! This quilt turned out amazing! I love the way all the different colors pop from the background!

Tammy said...

Loev how your fabrics just pop...Beautiful fabric sure do make for a beaiutiful quilt.

Lisa said...

Love love love your quilt :) I love the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Just love the quilt.......it's gorgeous on both side. Thanks for sharing......Marie

Jedi Craft Girl said...

Totally love this!!!!

Julie said...

I didn't like the Carnaby Street range until I saw this quilt - absolutely beautiful.

Kirsten said...

Beautiful quilt - love the colourful Carnaby Street fabrics!

ดูหนังออนไลน์ฟรี said...

Don't leave this site alone. It has many benefits without you realizing it.ดูหนังออนไลน์